Science Tutors Across South Africa
Can a Science tutor engage learners and inspire interest in Science through real life application?
This is a challenge that Science teachers currently face in a world where the curriculum and teaching tools are rapidly becoming outdated. Science and Technology go hand in hand, and this challenge is made even larger when using blended learning and ICT solutions.
Our Science tutors have been finding solutions to this challenge for years, by catering lessons specifically to each learner, and using a variety of tools to give a fresh approach to teaching Science.
Science Tutor Resources
Check out the videos on the right hand side for some different views on Science.
Specialised tutors at all levels of education
An effective education should equip children and young adults with the knowledge and learning skills they will need to thrive in a competitive world.
The best kind of education builds on a solid foundation – which is why we offer expert tutoring from primary school level upwards. Our primary level tutors are sensitive to the needs of younger learners and help to create a basis of reading, writing, numeracy and other skills which are essential building blocks of a good education.
As our students progress to high school and university, we provide highly qualified tutor who have an excellent grasp of their subject matter and are dedicated to teaching. These specialist tutors have in-depth knowledge of matric and university subjects which allows them to teach effectively at a higher level.
At Hire Education we believe that tutors should have two important traits: in-depth knowledge of their subject, and a teaching philosophy that brings out the best in students.
We have a comprehensive 4 hour tutor training workshop and a tutoring test at the end.
Our screening process allows us to select constructive, positive tutors who have mastered their subjects – and our teaching philosophy has produced excellent results for over a decade. We work with our tutors to foster a learning environment that empowers learners.
- I think she [learner] is slowly gaining that self confidence. Just glad that Rodwell [tutor] picked up that Alex [learner] had no self confidence and I'm also happy that I decided to go this route before it was too late.Fransisca de Wee, regarding her daughter's improvement - Jun 2007
- During the third term of this year as my son, Nicolas [learner] failed second term Maths on his report with 39%. Marcel [tutor] has been coming over about once a week. He received 78% on his report for Maths for the third term!Veronique, regarding her son's improvement - Oct 2006
- Brendon [learner] really improved with good prelim marks especially in History coming from 50% to 83%, a big thanks to James [Tutor].Tracey O'Neill, regarding her son's improvement - Nov 2008
- What an absolute marvel this girl turned out to be, Leandra’s [learner] last mark was a very disappointing 30%. After Estee’s [tutor] tutoring she has brought home a math mark of 59%! I cannot explain to you how thrilled Leandra is. I am of course over the moon. Thank you for the wonderful service and excellent tutor.Rene Klein, regarding her daughter's tutor - Aug 2009
- We are really enjoying our lessons with Kwame [tutor], he is a wonderful teacher and Brandon [learner] recently achieved the highest mark in his grade which is mostly due to the wonderful job Kwame is doing. He is a real asset to your company.Melanie Laing, regarding her son's tutor - Apr 2010
- Monjenique [tutor] is a superb tutor. The difference she has made in my sons life is astounding. Her passion for maths has totally changed Jason’s [learner] approach to maths. Her assessment was spot on. She is an excellent mentor and through encouragement and excellent teaching skills has changed a students outlook for life. She is worth recommending. Thank you for this match, she has been worth her wage and much more. Keep up the difference you are making.Terry Lowe, regarding her daughter's tutor - Nov 2009