Science Tutors Across South Africa
Can a Science tutor engage learners and inspire interest in Science through real life application?
This is a challenge that Science teachers currently face in a world where the curriculum and teaching tools are rapidly becoming outdated. Science and Technology go hand in hand, and this challenge is made even larger when using blended learning and ICT solutions.
Our Science tutors have been finding solutions to this challenge for years, by catering lessons specifically to each learner, and using a variety of tools to give a fresh approach to teaching Science.
Science Tutor Resources
Check out the videos on the right hand side for some different views on Science.
Specialised tutors at all levels of education
An effective education should equip children and young adults with the knowledge and learning skills they will need to thrive in a competitive world.
The best kind of education builds on a solid foundation – which is why we offer expert tutoring from primary school level upwards. Our primary level tutors are sensitive to the needs of younger learners and help to create a basis of reading, writing, numeracy and other skills which are essential building blocks of a good education.
As our students progress to high school and university, we provide highly qualified tutor who have an excellent grasp of their subject matter and are dedicated to teaching. These specialist tutors have in-depth knowledge of matric and university subjects which allows them to teach effectively at a higher level.
At Hire Education we believe that tutors should have two important traits: in-depth knowledge of their subject, and a teaching philosophy that brings out the best in students.
We have a comprehensive 4 hour tutor training workshop and a tutoring test at the end.
Our screening process allows us to select constructive, positive tutors who have mastered their subjects – and our teaching philosophy has produced excellent results for over a decade. We work with our tutors to foster a learning environment that empowers learners.
- I cannot thank all of you enough for putting Lebo not only back on track, but at just about the head of his class!Paul Tilsley, regarding his son's improvment - Apr 2008
- Sharlan's [learner] confidence levels showed a marked increase since his first lesson! I found this amazing - compliments to his tutor.Mala Maharaj, regarding her son's tutor - Aug 2007
- Bianca [tutor] is amazing! Would highly recommend her for smaller children around Caleb's age. She is wonderful and does not believe in any calculator work. She is so encouraging and give them homework - such a bonus!Kerry Campbell, regarding her daughter's tutor - Sep 2013
- We have loved Susan [tutor] and hope to find someone Stephen connects with as well. His marks have improved and we are so pleased.Angela Rogers, regarding her son's tutor - Jun 2013
- Thank you so much for fixing us up with the adorable Lisha [tutor]. I think she is just what Gary [learner] needed. Someone young and fun, I hope it will be a great success.Debbie Tavener Smith, regarding her son's tutor - Mar 2010
- He is an awesome tutor and gets along with John [learner] well. He has worked through all the Maths work and English poetry with John and really has made an awesome difference in John’s emotional viewpoint of the exams. I recommend Sean [tutor] highly.Melanie Farrar, regarding her son's tutor - Aug 2010