Science Tutors Across South Africa
Can a Science tutor engage learners and inspire interest in Science through real life application?
This is a challenge that Science teachers currently face in a world where the curriculum and teaching tools are rapidly becoming outdated. Science and Technology go hand in hand, and this challenge is made even larger when using blended learning and ICT solutions.
Our Science tutors have been finding solutions to this challenge for years, by catering lessons specifically to each learner, and using a variety of tools to give a fresh approach to teaching Science.
Science Tutor Resources
Check out the videos on the right hand side for some different views on Science.
Specialised tutors at all levels of education
An effective education should equip children and young adults with the knowledge and learning skills they will need to thrive in a competitive world.
The best kind of education builds on a solid foundation – which is why we offer expert tutoring from primary school level upwards. Our primary level tutors are sensitive to the needs of younger learners and help to create a basis of reading, writing, numeracy and other skills which are essential building blocks of a good education.
As our students progress to high school and university, we provide highly qualified tutor who have an excellent grasp of their subject matter and are dedicated to teaching. These specialist tutors have in-depth knowledge of matric and university subjects which allows them to teach effectively at a higher level.
At Hire Education we believe that tutors should have two important traits: in-depth knowledge of their subject, and a teaching philosophy that brings out the best in students.
We have a comprehensive 4 hour tutor training workshop and a tutoring test at the end.
Our screening process allows us to select constructive, positive tutors who have mastered their subjects – and our teaching philosophy has produced excellent results for over a decade. We work with our tutors to foster a learning environment that empowers learners.
- Monjenique [tutor] is a superb tutor. The difference she has made in my sons life is astounding. Her passion for maths has totally changed Jason’s [learner] approach to maths. Her assessment was spot on. She is an excellent mentor and through encouragement and excellent teaching skills has changed a students outlook for life. She is worth recommending. Thank you for this match, she has been worth her wage and much more. Keep up the difference you are making.Terry Lowe, regarding her daughter's tutor - Nov 2009
- All I can say is thank you because you do go the extra mile and e-mail/give Tash exercises and examples of work that she is struggling with so that she can prepare for tests/exams . You also e-mail or sms her every second week to find out what she requires your assistance with to enable you to prepare for her sessions with you. This allows you to make the most of the hour you have tutoring her. Tash definitely finds you are able to explain work to her that she battles with. You also read her so well so you can always tell when the penny has dropped or the light has gone on, she can’t fool you. Tash’s marks did go up a few percent last term and that is extraordinary as maths is not an easy subject and for her to get over 80% is phenomenal.Fiona Mourton, regarding her daughter's tutor - Oct 2013
- We would like to take this opportunity to thank you and your tutors – most especially Marco [tutor] as he worked the most with Maria [learner] to get her to catch up and pass her Matric maths. In fact, Maria passed Matric with an exemption, and we are thrilled considering the base from which she was coming. I certainly will be recommending your services.Thoko Rankin, regarding her daughters improvement - Jan 2007
- I must commend Edwynn [tutor] on the good work he has done on Thapelo [learner]. I was called to school this week, for a change, not to be told he has failed yet again, but how much his marks have improved and his attitude towards school has changed drammatically. He now focuses better and is eager to learn because he has realised his potential. For example, his maths mark has shot up to 70% in the last term!!! Thank you again to Edwynn.Molefe Kgalamono, regarding her son's improvement - Nov 2009
- Due to Luke's [tutor] tutoring, my son Matt [learner], managed to attain a 'B' in his final Maths exam.Loran Bright, regarding her son's improvement - Apr 2008
- What an absolute marvel this girl turned out to be, Leandra’s [learner] last mark was a very disappointing 30%. After Estee’s [tutor] tutoring she has brought home a math mark of 59%! I cannot explain to you how thrilled Leandra is. I am of course over the moon. Thank you for the wonderful service and excellent tutor.Rene Klein, regarding her daughter's tutor - Aug 2009