Science Tutors Across South Africa
Can a Science tutor engage learners and inspire interest in Science through real life application?
This is a challenge that Science teachers currently face in a world where the curriculum and teaching tools are rapidly becoming outdated. Science and Technology go hand in hand, and this challenge is made even larger when using blended learning and ICT solutions.
Our Science tutors have been finding solutions to this challenge for years, by catering lessons specifically to each learner, and using a variety of tools to give a fresh approach to teaching Science.
Science Tutor Resources
Check out the videos on the right hand side for some different views on Science.
Specialised tutors at all levels of education
An effective education should equip children and young adults with the knowledge and learning skills they will need to thrive in a competitive world.
The best kind of education builds on a solid foundation – which is why we offer expert tutoring from primary school level upwards. Our primary level tutors are sensitive to the needs of younger learners and help to create a basis of reading, writing, numeracy and other skills which are essential building blocks of a good education.
As our students progress to high school and university, we provide highly qualified tutor who have an excellent grasp of their subject matter and are dedicated to teaching. These specialist tutors have in-depth knowledge of matric and university subjects which allows them to teach effectively at a higher level.
At Hire Education we believe that tutors should have two important traits: in-depth knowledge of their subject, and a teaching philosophy that brings out the best in students.
We have a comprehensive 4 hour tutor training workshop and a tutoring test at the end.
Our screening process allows us to select constructive, positive tutors who have mastered their subjects – and our teaching philosophy has produced excellent results for over a decade. We work with our tutors to foster a learning environment that empowers learners.
- All I can say is thank you because you do go the extra mile and e-mail/give Tash exercises and examples of work that she is struggling with so that she can prepare for tests/exams . You also e-mail or sms her every second week to find out what she requires your assistance with to enable you to prepare for her sessions with you. This allows you to make the most of the hour you have tutoring her. Tash definitely finds you are able to explain work to her that she battles with. You also read her so well so you can always tell when the penny has dropped or the light has gone on, she can’t fool you. Tash’s marks did go up a few percent last term and that is extraordinary as maths is not an easy subject and for her to get over 80% is phenomenal.Fiona Mourton, regarding her daughter's tutor - Oct 2013
- Thank you for the feedback. I wish I would have known about your company long ago. My son is so optimistic now. His level of confidence has increased substantially.Tlhalefang Matabane, regarding her son's tutor - Nov 2013
- Thank you for all your assistance – It has been absolutely tremendous help that Robert [learner] has been getting from Michael [tutor]. He has a definite ability to explain things.Belle Cappellar, regarding her son's tutor - Nov 2010
- Alex [tutor] has been simply wonderful and a very competent tutor and we have loved having her tutor Sacha [learner]. We will miss her but won’t have any hesitation in recommending her services, she is so good and such a lovely person as well.Dee Zikmundovsky, regarding her daughter's tutor - Jan 2009
- We are really enjoying our lessons with Kwame [tutor], he is a wonderful teacher and Brandon [learner] recently achieved the highest mark in his grade which is mostly due to the wonderful job Kwame is doing. He is a real asset to your company.Melanie Laing, regarding her son's tutor - Apr 2010
- I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the service you provide, I can honestly say that the lessons and assistance that Stephanie has received from Mary [tutor] have made a massive contribution to feeling a lot more confident going into her final exams and her understanding We have already seen a substantial increase in Steph's marks this year and we are quite excited to see her final results.of maths and science.Debbie Fichardt, regarding her daughter's tutor - Nov 2013