Find a Maths Tutor to Break that Mental Block
A Maths tutor sometimes finds, that when learners struggle, it is a question of aptitude in the subject. This aptitude can be tested by a psychometric assessment. We believe that regardless of aptitude, anyone can excel in Maths. Aptitude does make it easier to learn something, but it does not determine greatness. Mental blocks can be overcome, especially with the help of a Hire Education Maths tutor.
Our tutors take different approaches to make maths content relevant to the individual. They also motivate learners and empower them with the confidence needed to believe that they can do it.
Do I Really Need Maths as a Subject?
Our Maths tutors believe a fresh approach is needed. Maths is not a complicated, boring subject, but rather a fascinating language that unlocks understanding of our world and how it operates.
We challenge you to find someone who says they have never used maths to their advantage after completing school. Whether it is setting your monthly household budget, or creating and analysing a multi million rand company’s statistics, mathematics is everywhere! It’s even in music and nature.
Maths Tutor Resources
Check out the TED talks on the right that show how mathematics is all around us. Every parent and child should watch Conrad Wolfram’s talk to see how maths is applicable in the current world.
Specialised tutors at all levels of education
An effective education should equip children and young adults with the knowledge and learning skills they will need to thrive in a competitive world.
The best kind of education builds on a solid foundation – which is why we offer expert tutoring from primary school level upwards. Our primary level tutors are sensitive to the needs of younger learners and help to create a basis of reading, writing, numeracy and other skills which are essential building blocks of a good education.
As our students progress to high school and university, we provide highly qualified tutor who have an excellent grasp of their subject matter and are dedicated to teaching. These specialist tutors have in-depth knowledge of matric and university subjects which allows them to teach effectively at a higher level.
At Hire Education we believe that tutors should have two important traits: in-depth knowledge of their subject, and a teaching philosophy that brings out the best in students.
We have a comprehensive 4 hour tutor training workshop and a tutoring test at the end.
Our screening process allows us to select constructive, positive tutors who have mastered their subjects – and our teaching philosophy has produced excellent results for over a decade. We work with our tutors to foster a learning environment that empowers learners.
- Tamia’s Maths result for last term was over 60% (from failing Maths the previous term). Youmin was really amazing. Both my girls got selected as Prefects for next year so we have to maintain the momentum of working very hard to achieve greater results.Euphrasia Daniels, regarding her daughter's tutor - Nov 2013
- Sharlan's [learner] confidence levels showed a marked increase since his first lesson! I found this amazing - compliments to his tutor.Mala Maharaj, regarding her son's tutor - Aug 2007
- Bronwyn [tutor] is GREAT ! she is very patient and very sweet – definitely what Michael [learner] needs. Thank you ! Tracey Viede, regarding her son's tutor - Jan 2009Tracey Viede, regarding her son's tutor - Jan 2009
- So far Malcolm [tutor] has been excellent and the boys have really taken to him. In the short time he spent here, he seemed to have inculcated a sense of seriousness and purpose in my youngest son, no mean feat! We are therefore very happy with the service so far.Elinor Sisulu, regarding her sons' tutor - July 2012
- Thank you for all your assistance – It has been absolutely tremendous help that Robert [learner] has been getting from Michael [tutor]. He has a definite ability to explain things.Belle Cappellar, regarding her son's tutor - Nov 2010
- Your tutors have been wonderful and Gareth’s [learner] results have improved drastically.Maxine Tong, regarding her son's improvement - Apr 2009