Find a Maths Tutor to Break that Mental Block
A Maths tutor sometimes finds, that when learners struggle, it is a question of aptitude in the subject. This aptitude can be tested by a psychometric assessment. We believe that regardless of aptitude, anyone can excel in Maths. Aptitude does make it easier to learn something, but it does not determine greatness. Mental blocks can be overcome, especially with the help of a Hire Education Maths tutor.
Our tutors take different approaches to make maths content relevant to the individual. They also motivate learners and empower them with the confidence needed to believe that they can do it.
Do I Really Need Maths as a Subject?
Our Maths tutors believe a fresh approach is needed. Maths is not a complicated, boring subject, but rather a fascinating language that unlocks understanding of our world and how it operates.
We challenge you to find someone who says they have never used maths to their advantage after completing school. Whether it is setting your monthly household budget, or creating and analysing a multi million rand company’s statistics, mathematics is everywhere! It’s even in music and nature.
Maths Tutor Resources
Check out the TED talks on the right that show how mathematics is all around us. Every parent and child should watch Conrad Wolfram’s talk to see how maths is applicable in the current world.
Specialised tutors at all levels of education
An effective education should equip children and young adults with the knowledge and learning skills they will need to thrive in a competitive world.
The best kind of education builds on a solid foundation – which is why we offer expert tutoring from primary school level upwards. Our primary level tutors are sensitive to the needs of younger learners and help to create a basis of reading, writing, numeracy and other skills which are essential building blocks of a good education.
As our students progress to high school and university, we provide highly qualified tutor who have an excellent grasp of their subject matter and are dedicated to teaching. These specialist tutors have in-depth knowledge of matric and university subjects which allows them to teach effectively at a higher level.
At Hire Education we believe that tutors should have two important traits: in-depth knowledge of their subject, and a teaching philosophy that brings out the best in students.
We have a comprehensive 4 hour tutor training workshop and a tutoring test at the end.
Our screening process allows us to select constructive, positive tutors who have mastered their subjects – and our teaching philosophy has produced excellent results for over a decade. We work with our tutors to foster a learning environment that empowers learners.
- He is an awesome tutor and gets along with John [learner] well. He has worked through all the Maths work and English poetry with John and really has made an awesome difference in John’s emotional viewpoint of the exams. I recommend Sean [tutor] highly.Melanie Farrar, regarding her son's tutor - Aug 2010
- All I can say is thank you because you do go the extra mile and e-mail/give Tash exercises and examples of work that she is struggling with so that she can prepare for tests/exams . You also e-mail or sms her every second week to find out what she requires your assistance with to enable you to prepare for her sessions with you. This allows you to make the most of the hour you have tutoring her. Tash definitely finds you are able to explain work to her that she battles with. You also read her so well so you can always tell when the penny has dropped or the light has gone on, she can’t fool you. Tash’s marks did go up a few percent last term and that is extraordinary as maths is not an easy subject and for her to get over 80% is phenomenal.Fiona Mourton, regarding her daughter's tutor - Oct 2013
- Brendon [learner] really improved with good prelim marks especially in History coming from 50% to 83%, a big thanks to James [Tutor].Tracey O'Neill, regarding her son's improvement - Nov 2008
- We are really enjoying our lessons with Kwame [tutor], he is a wonderful teacher and Brandon [learner] recently achieved the highest mark in his grade which is mostly due to the wonderful job Kwame is doing. He is a real asset to your company.Melanie Laing, regarding her son's tutor - Apr 2010
- Brittany [tutor] was just fantastic! Patrick [learner] was so happy, and even finished his exam 10min early! He said everything Brittany had taught him was in the paper, and she was like an angel rescuing him!Rebecca Ntshengang, regarding her son's tutor - Mar 2010
- Erica, [tutor] you rock!I passed accounting - 62 %! A MAJOR improvement from my first attempt on my own (whch was 36%). The pass was all because of you!Thank you for all your help - I really could not have done it without you!San-Mari Swart, regarding her tutor - Jun 2010