Find a Maths Tutor to Break that Mental Block
A Maths tutor sometimes finds, that when learners struggle, it is a question of aptitude in the subject. This aptitude can be tested by a psychometric assessment. We believe that regardless of aptitude, anyone can excel in Maths. Aptitude does make it easier to learn something, but it does not determine greatness. Mental blocks can be overcome, especially with the help of a Hire Education Maths tutor.
Our tutors take different approaches to make maths content relevant to the individual. They also motivate learners and empower them with the confidence needed to believe that they can do it.
Do I Really Need Maths as a Subject?
Our Maths tutors believe a fresh approach is needed. Maths is not a complicated, boring subject, but rather a fascinating language that unlocks understanding of our world and how it operates.
We challenge you to find someone who says they have never used maths to their advantage after completing school. Whether it is setting your monthly household budget, or creating and analysing a multi million rand company’s statistics, mathematics is everywhere! It’s even in music and nature.
Maths Tutor Resources
Check out the TED talks on the right that show how mathematics is all around us. Every parent and child should watch Conrad Wolfram’s talk to see how maths is applicable in the current world.
Specialised tutors at all levels of education
An effective education should equip children and young adults with the knowledge and learning skills they will need to thrive in a competitive world.
The best kind of education builds on a solid foundation – which is why we offer expert tutoring from primary school level upwards. Our primary level tutors are sensitive to the needs of younger learners and help to create a basis of reading, writing, numeracy and other skills which are essential building blocks of a good education.
As our students progress to high school and university, we provide highly qualified tutor who have an excellent grasp of their subject matter and are dedicated to teaching. These specialist tutors have in-depth knowledge of matric and university subjects which allows them to teach effectively at a higher level.
At Hire Education we believe that tutors should have two important traits: in-depth knowledge of their subject, and a teaching philosophy that brings out the best in students.
We have a comprehensive 4 hour tutor training workshop and a tutoring test at the end.
Our screening process allows us to select constructive, positive tutors who have mastered their subjects – and our teaching philosophy has produced excellent results for over a decade. We work with our tutors to foster a learning environment that empowers learners.
- Bianca [tutor] is amazing! Would highly recommend her for smaller children around Caleb's age. She is wonderful and does not believe in any calculator work. She is so encouraging and give them homework - such a bonus!Kerry Campbell, regarding her daughter's tutor - Sep 2013
- Your tutors have been wonderful and Gareth’s [learner] results have improved drastically.Maxine Tong, regarding her son's improvement - Apr 2009
- Just wanted to let you know that we are very happy with Jason [tutor], he is an excellent teacher and Michaela is already showing signs of improvement. Thank you!Eileen Geldhof, regarding her daughters tutor - September 2012
- Alex [tutor] has been simply wonderful and a very competent tutor and we have loved having her tutor Sacha [learner]. We will miss her but won’t have any hesitation in recommending her services, she is so good and such a lovely person as well.Dee Zikmundovsky, regarding her daughter's tutor - Jan 2009
- We would like to take this opportunity to thank you and your tutors – most especially Marco [tutor] as he worked the most with Maria [learner] to get her to catch up and pass her Matric maths. In fact, Maria passed Matric with an exemption, and we are thrilled considering the base from which she was coming. I certainly will be recommending your services.Thoko Rankin, regarding her daughters improvement - Jan 2007
- Due to Luke's [tutor] tutoring, my son Matt [learner], managed to attain a 'B' in his final Maths exam.Loran Bright, regarding her son's improvement - Apr 2008