Find a Maths Tutor to Break that Mental Block
A Maths tutor sometimes finds, that when learners struggle, it is a question of aptitude in the subject. This aptitude can be tested by a psychometric assessment. We believe that regardless of aptitude, anyone can excel in Maths. Aptitude does make it easier to learn something, but it does not determine greatness. Mental blocks can be overcome, especially with the help of a Hire Education Maths tutor.
Our tutors take different approaches to make maths content relevant to the individual. They also motivate learners and empower them with the confidence needed to believe that they can do it.
Do I Really Need Maths as a Subject?
Our Maths tutors believe a fresh approach is needed. Maths is not a complicated, boring subject, but rather a fascinating language that unlocks understanding of our world and how it operates.
We challenge you to find someone who says they have never used maths to their advantage after completing school. Whether it is setting your monthly household budget, or creating and analysing a multi million rand company’s statistics, mathematics is everywhere! It’s even in music and nature.
Maths Tutor Resources
Check out the TED talks on the right that show how mathematics is all around us. Every parent and child should watch Conrad Wolfram’s talk to see how maths is applicable in the current world.
Specialised tutors at all levels of education
An effective education should equip children and young adults with the knowledge and learning skills they will need to thrive in a competitive world.
The best kind of education builds on a solid foundation – which is why we offer expert tutoring from primary school level upwards. Our primary level tutors are sensitive to the needs of younger learners and help to create a basis of reading, writing, numeracy and other skills which are essential building blocks of a good education.
As our students progress to high school and university, we provide highly qualified tutor who have an excellent grasp of their subject matter and are dedicated to teaching. These specialist tutors have in-depth knowledge of matric and university subjects which allows them to teach effectively at a higher level.
At Hire Education we believe that tutors should have two important traits: in-depth knowledge of their subject, and a teaching philosophy that brings out the best in students.
We have a comprehensive 4 hour tutor training workshop and a tutoring test at the end.
Our screening process allows us to select constructive, positive tutors who have mastered their subjects – and our teaching philosophy has produced excellent results for over a decade. We work with our tutors to foster a learning environment that empowers learners.
- I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the service you provide, I can honestly say that the lessons and assistance that Stephanie has received from Mary [tutor] have made a massive contribution to feeling a lot more confident going into her final exams and her understanding We have already seen a substantial increase in Steph's marks this year and we are quite excited to see her final results.of maths and science.Debbie Fichardt, regarding her daughter's tutor - Nov 2013
- I am happy to let you know that Nicole [learner] obtained a very good matric pass. I would like to thank Jason her maths tutor because she obtained 58% for her final mark (she used to get under 40% then progressively she improved with the help of Jason).Margaret Chan, regarding her daughter's improvement - Jan 2010
- Monjenique [tutor] is a superb tutor. The difference she has made in my sons life is astounding. Her passion for maths has totally changed Jason’s [learner] approach to maths. Her assessment was spot on. She is an excellent mentor and through encouragement and excellent teaching skills has changed a students outlook for life. She is worth recommending. Thank you for this match, she has been worth her wage and much more. Keep up the difference you are making.Terry Lowe, regarding her daughter's tutor - Nov 2009
- Tamia’s Maths result for last term was over 60% (from failing Maths the previous term). Youmin was really amazing. Both my girls got selected as Prefects for next year so we have to maintain the momentum of working very hard to achieve greater results.Euphrasia Daniels, regarding her daughter's tutor - Nov 2013
- Alex [tutor] is a great credit to your company-- she is a very good teacher and both my kids liked her.Brenda le Roux, regarding her kids' tutor - Nov 2010
- I cannot thank all of you enough for putting Lebo not only back on track, but at just about the head of his class!Paul Tilsley, regarding his son's improvment - Apr 2008