Find a Maths Tutor to Break that Mental Block
A Maths tutor sometimes finds, that when learners struggle, it is a question of aptitude in the subject. This aptitude can be tested by a psychometric assessment. We believe that regardless of aptitude, anyone can excel in Maths. Aptitude does make it easier to learn something, but it does not determine greatness. Mental blocks can be overcome, especially with the help of a Hire Education Maths tutor.
Our tutors take different approaches to make maths content relevant to the individual. They also motivate learners and empower them with the confidence needed to believe that they can do it.
Do I Really Need Maths as a Subject?
Our Maths tutors believe a fresh approach is needed. Maths is not a complicated, boring subject, but rather a fascinating language that unlocks understanding of our world and how it operates.
We challenge you to find someone who says they have never used maths to their advantage after completing school. Whether it is setting your monthly household budget, or creating and analysing a multi million rand company’s statistics, mathematics is everywhere! It’s even in music and nature.
Maths Tutor Resources
Check out the TED talks on the right that show how mathematics is all around us. Every parent and child should watch Conrad Wolfram’s talk to see how maths is applicable in the current world.
Specialised tutors at all levels of education
An effective education should equip children and young adults with the knowledge and learning skills they will need to thrive in a competitive world.
The best kind of education builds on a solid foundation – which is why we offer expert tutoring from primary school level upwards. Our primary level tutors are sensitive to the needs of younger learners and help to create a basis of reading, writing, numeracy and other skills which are essential building blocks of a good education.
As our students progress to high school and university, we provide highly qualified tutor who have an excellent grasp of their subject matter and are dedicated to teaching. These specialist tutors have in-depth knowledge of matric and university subjects which allows them to teach effectively at a higher level.
At Hire Education we believe that tutors should have two important traits: in-depth knowledge of their subject, and a teaching philosophy that brings out the best in students.
We have a comprehensive 4 hour tutor training workshop and a tutoring test at the end.
Our screening process allows us to select constructive, positive tutors who have mastered their subjects – and our teaching philosophy has produced excellent results for over a decade. We work with our tutors to foster a learning environment that empowers learners.
- Kudzai was an excellent tutor to Allan [learner], and managed to build a good report with him. Thank you so much for all your support in getting him a tutor.
- All I can say is thank you because you do go the extra mile and e-mail/give Tash exercises and examples of work that she is struggling with so that she can prepare for tests/exams . You also e-mail or sms her every second week to find out what she requires your assistance with to enable you to prepare for her sessions with you. This allows you to make the most of the hour you have tutoring her. Tash definitely finds you are able to explain work to her that she battles with. You also read her so well so you can always tell when the penny has dropped or the light has gone on, she can’t fool you. Tash’s marks did go up a few percent last term and that is extraordinary as maths is not an easy subject and for her to get over 80% is phenomenal.Fiona Mourton, regarding her daughter's tutor - Oct 2013
- Bronwyn [tutor] is GREAT ! she is very patient and very sweet – definitely what Michael [learner] needs. Thank you ! Tracey Viede, regarding her son's tutor - Jan 2009Tracey Viede, regarding her son's tutor - Jan 2009
- Thanks a stack , Kyle [tutor] came and tutored Wade today at 4, absolutely fantastic. Wade is happy because he is someone he can relate to with regards to the work he is doing as Kyle has done the same syllabus.Monica Stephen regarding her son's tutor - Feb 2013
- Monjenique [tutor] is a superb tutor. The difference she has made in my sons life is astounding. Her passion for maths has totally changed Jason’s [learner] approach to maths. Her assessment was spot on. She is an excellent mentor and through encouragement and excellent teaching skills has changed a students outlook for life. She is worth recommending. Thank you for this match, she has been worth her wage and much more. Keep up the difference you are making.Terry Lowe, regarding her daughter's tutor - Nov 2009
- We have loved Susan [tutor] and hope to find someone Stephen connects with as well. His marks have improved and we are so pleased.Angela Rogers, regarding her son's tutor - Jun 2013