Find a Language Tutor in South Africa
With so many different languages in the world, (6909 according to nationsonline.org); why would we not want to be able to master as many as possible? A language tutor can help you to brush up on your vocabulary, review grammar rules or even hold conversation classes – practice makes perfect!
We also partner with corporates, trusts and other organisations to teach English as a second language. Contact us to chat further about this language tutoring service.
Check out the cool TED talks on the right and let us know your thoughts on Twitter (@HireEducationSA) on languages; why they evolved; and what they may be evolving into.
2 Tiered Approach to Tutor a Language
Our language tutors at Hire Education take both a long term as well as a short term approach to learning any new language. The short term is the quick stuff, vocabulary, grammar and the foundations that form the basis of the language. All the key components so to speak.
Where the magic really happens though, is in the long term approach. When one moves from the data level of understanding, and knowledge comes in. This is where you link all the basic parts together and apply deeper understanding and interpretation of the language. Using a tutor for conversation classes at this time is a good idea.
Learn a Language Short Term
- learn basic vocabulary for every day subjects (like household items, holidays, shops)
- learn basic grammar rules of the language
- practice as much as possible
Learn a Language Long Term
- speak the language at every opportunity
- have conversation classes
- read the language (magazines, kids books to start with)
- write the language (practice, practice and more practice)
- Learn more complicated grammar and language rules
- watch tv programmes or youtube videos in the language
Language Tutoring Subjects
We have tutors in the following languages. If you don’t see the what you are looking, contact us anyway as we might have someone who can help.
Afrikaans Tutors, English Tutors, French Tutors, German Tutors, Hebrew Tutors, Italian Tutors, Portuguese Tutors, Xhosa Tutors, Zulu Tutors and more…
Specialised tutors at all levels of education
An effective education should equip children and young adults with the knowledge and learning skills they will need to thrive in a competitive world.
The best kind of education builds on a solid foundation – which is why we offer expert tutoring from primary school level upwards. Our primary level tutors are sensitive to the needs of younger learners and help to create a basis of reading, writing, numeracy and other skills which are essential building blocks of a good education.
As our students progress to high school and university, we provide highly qualified tutors who have an excellent grasp of their subject matter and are dedicated to teaching. These specialist tutors have in-depth knowledge of matric and university subjects which allows them to teach effectively at a higher level.
At Hire Education we believe that tutors should have two important traits: in-depth knowledge of their subject, and a teaching philosophy that brings out the best in students.
We have a comprehensive 4 hour tutor training workshop and a tutoring test at the end.
Our screening process allows us to select constructive, positive tutors who have mastered their subjects – and our teaching philosophy has produced excellent results for over a decade. We work with our tutors to foster a learning environment that empowers learners.
- He is an awesome tutor and gets along with John [learner] well. He has worked through all the Maths work and English poetry with John and really has made an awesome difference in John’s emotional viewpoint of the exams. I recommend Sean [tutor] highly.Melanie Farrar, regarding her son's tutor - Aug 2010
- Megan [learner] seems to be well prepared for her exam in just over a week's time. Thank you for a wonderful service, we will be resuming Maths tutoring early next year again, as this has definitely helped Megan tremendously.Yvette Wickham, regarding her daughter's tutoring - Sep 2014
- So far Malcolm [tutor] has been excellent and the boys have really taken to him. In the short time he spent here, he seemed to have inculcated a sense of seriousness and purpose in my youngest son, no mean feat! We are therefore very happy with the service so far.Elinor Sisulu, regarding her sons' tutor - July 2012
- Sharlan's [learner] confidence levels showed a marked increase since his first lesson! I found this amazing - compliments to his tutor.Mala Maharaj, regarding her son's tutor - Aug 2007
- I am sure there are a lot of parents who don’t know of your service and I must say I have found it fantastic.Lauren Dangers, regarding Hire Education's services - Jul 2008
- I cannot thank all of you enough for putting Lebo not only back on track, but at just about the head of his class!Paul Tilsley, regarding his son's improvment - Apr 2008