Find a Language Tutor in South Africa
With so many different languages in the world, (6909 according to nationsonline.org); why would we not want to be able to master as many as possible? A language tutor can help you to brush up on your vocabulary, review grammar rules or even hold conversation classes – practice makes perfect!
We also partner with corporates, trusts and other organisations to teach English as a second language. Contact us to chat further about this language tutoring service.
Check out the cool TED talks on the right and let us know your thoughts on Twitter (@HireEducationSA) on languages; why they evolved; and what they may be evolving into.
2 Tiered Approach to Tutor a Language
Our language tutors at Hire Education take both a long term as well as a short term approach to learning any new language. The short term is the quick stuff, vocabulary, grammar and the foundations that form the basis of the language. All the key components so to speak.
Where the magic really happens though, is in the long term approach. When one moves from the data level of understanding, and knowledge comes in. This is where you link all the basic parts together and apply deeper understanding and interpretation of the language. Using a tutor for conversation classes at this time is a good idea.
Learn a Language Short Term
- learn basic vocabulary for every day subjects (like household items, holidays, shops)
- learn basic grammar rules of the language
- practice as much as possible
Learn a Language Long Term
- speak the language at every opportunity
- have conversation classes
- read the language (magazines, kids books to start with)
- write the language (practice, practice and more practice)
- Learn more complicated grammar and language rules
- watch tv programmes or youtube videos in the language
Language Tutoring Subjects
We have tutors in the following languages. If you don’t see the what you are looking, contact us anyway as we might have someone who can help.
Afrikaans Tutors, English Tutors, French Tutors, German Tutors, Hebrew Tutors, Italian Tutors, Portuguese Tutors, Xhosa Tutors, Zulu Tutors and more…
Specialised tutors at all levels of education
An effective education should equip children and young adults with the knowledge and learning skills they will need to thrive in a competitive world.
The best kind of education builds on a solid foundation – which is why we offer expert tutoring from primary school level upwards. Our primary level tutors are sensitive to the needs of younger learners and help to create a basis of reading, writing, numeracy and other skills which are essential building blocks of a good education.
As our students progress to high school and university, we provide highly qualified tutors who have an excellent grasp of their subject matter and are dedicated to teaching. These specialist tutors have in-depth knowledge of matric and university subjects which allows them to teach effectively at a higher level.
At Hire Education we believe that tutors should have two important traits: in-depth knowledge of their subject, and a teaching philosophy that brings out the best in students.
We have a comprehensive 4 hour tutor training workshop and a tutoring test at the end.
Our screening process allows us to select constructive, positive tutors who have mastered their subjects – and our teaching philosophy has produced excellent results for over a decade. We work with our tutors to foster a learning environment that empowers learners.
- Sharlan's [learner] confidence levels showed a marked increase since his first lesson! I found this amazing - compliments to his tutor.Mala Maharaj, regarding her son's tutor - Aug 2007
- I want to express how amazing it is to work with such a professional and efficient set-up. I have passed your number onto friends.Annamaria Giuricich, regarding Hire Education's services - Feb 2008
- We are really enjoying our lessons with Kwame [tutor], he is a wonderful teacher and Brandon [learner] recently achieved the highest mark in his grade which is mostly due to the wonderful job Kwame is doing. He is a real asset to your company.Melanie Laing, regarding her son's tutor - Apr 2010
- I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the service you provide, I can honestly say that the lessons and assistance that Stephanie has received from Mary [tutor] have made a massive contribution to feeling a lot more confident going into her final exams and her understanding We have already seen a substantial increase in Steph's marks this year and we are quite excited to see her final results.of maths and science.Debbie Fichardt, regarding her daughter's tutor - Nov 2013
- Bronwyn [tutor] is GREAT ! she is very patient and very sweet – definitely what Michael [learner] needs. Thank you ! Tracey Viede, regarding her son's tutor - Jan 2009Tracey Viede, regarding her son's tutor - Jan 2009
- Brendon [learner] really improved with good prelim marks especially in History coming from 50% to 83%, a big thanks to James [Tutor].Tracey O'Neill, regarding her son's improvement - Nov 2008