The reasons why certain learners may require extra lessons are many and varied, but the more common reasons are listed here:
- A gap in the syllabus – this can be because of changing schools or the inability to grasp a specific section of work
- Personality clash with the teacher – this can sometimes lead to a mental block
- Parental intervention – sometimes a parent lacks the knowledge of a particular part of a syllabus needed to help the learner
- Exam pressure – this can often be remedied by extra lessons
- Learning problems – learning disabilities such as ADD or ADHD
The methodology advocated by Hire Education is based on a holistic approach and aims to address three important learning concepts – past, present and future. In the extra lessons, tutors apply these concepts concurrently by filling in any gaps from past syllabi, keeping the learner up to date with current work and preparing the learner for exams and tests.
Hire Education sources out professional and dynamic tutors so that we can offer one-on-one lessons at a time and place that suits the learner best. We provide extra lessons in every primary and high school subject, filling in the gaps where necessary. We do this in order to give learners the tools they need to overcome any shortfalls. All of our tutors have shown us that they are not only able to explain their subject properly and convey this understanding, but also to be able to assess why a child may be falling behind in a particular subject.